Manchester Drive Forest Garden Project


The purpose of this blog is to document the development of the forest garden project that I have been setting up at Manchester Drive allotment site in Leigh on Sea, Essex, as well as any other random permacultural (or not) rambling thoughts that might happen to stray from my brain. I hope you enjoy it or better still, feel inspired to start your own edible food forest!

Tuesday, February 21, 2006

I Love Peckham

Combining elements of both the Guerrilla gardening and benches as public art mentioned in previous postings, I came across this http://www.ilovepeckham.com/ today, linked via Richard's Guerrilla Gardening website and featuring the work of direct activist and street artist/sculptor/wood carver 'VIRUS', who repairs and improves vandalised benches around the SE13 borough. I particularly like the Holly project. You can also get 'Peckham Rock' from the website if you buy a 'I Love Peckham' teeshirt...

Maybe its not exactly forest gardening, but as far as I'm concerned its just another inspiring example of how ordinary people can take control of and improve the urban environment without waiting for 'permssion' from those in authority...

2 Comments:

At 12:43 pm, Blogger Wicklow Wench said...

What is going on up there in the Forest? Here in Morbihan we are planting the last of the fruit trees - cherry, pear and apple in the back garden. It's getting hot and dry already......but I don't trust the weather at this time of year.

 
At 5:35 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, I was out bloigging and found your site. It certainlhy got my attention and interest. I was looking for Shades information and even though this isn't a perfect match I enjoyed your site. Thanks for the read!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home